We continue to be encouraged by the guidance offered by the CDC, State of Pennsylvania and the vaccine rollout. We also remain mindful that there are still several within our community who are unable or ineligible to be vaccinated, including our most precious commodity, our children. To that end, we offer these modified minimum safety standards for Grace UMC. We intend to revisit these recommendations as conditions warrant, leading to a full, unencumbered reopen in the near future.
1) Beginning with worship on June 6, everyone over the age of 2 must wear a mask covering their nose and mouth while walking to/from their seats and while singing or reciting a community prayer. Fully vaccinated attendees may choose to remove masks while sitting stationary in their seat. Masks must be worn while singing and while reciting communal prayers. If you do not have one, we will provide one.
2) Beginning with worship on June 6, 2021, capacity restrictions will be lifted. We will be able to use the space in our sanctuary as described below for worship.
3) Every other pew may be used. Worshippers sitting in the same pew should leave approximately 6 feet between groups.
4) Beginning with worship on June 6, 2021 registration for worship will be OPTIONAL. Those who register for worship will guarantee a contact tracing phone call, should there be a COVID-19 case identified within our church.
5) Beginning with worship on June 20, 2021 we will gradually introduce congregational singing/hymns back into the service. Remember, masks must be worn while singing.
6) Effective immediately, we invite worshippers to recite communal prayers together.
7) Special music requiring a vocalist will remain pre-recorded.
8) Communion may be celebrated with prepackaged elements.
9) No one exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 should enter the building.
10) Hand sanitizing stations remain available at each entrance and exit of the sanctuary.
11) We will remove, temporarily, all hymnals, attendance pads, Bibles and pencils from the pews. All information will be available on the screens.
12) We will temporarily discontinue the use of liturgists. All scripture will be read by the presiding worship leader.
13) Announcement sheets will be available in each usable row. They will also continue to be sent electronically.
14) There will be no formal “passing of the peace” during the worship service.
15) Offering plates will continue to be placed at each of the back entrances/exits. We thank you so much for your generosity. Donations may still be made online at www.graceumlemoyne.org/donate or via text by texting a dollar amount to 844-964-1547.
16) Children will not come forward for a children’s message or leave the service for children’s church or nursery care.
17) Prayer requests shall be made audibly during the sharing time.
18) We will continue to stream our worship services live. They will be available on Facebook live and on our church’s YouTube channel.
19) Should someone contract/test positive for the virus, we will use all of our available outlets to inform attendees of the positive test (For privacy reasons, no names will be used). This includes but is not limited to calling, emailing, posting on social media to provide the most robust contact tracing response.